What strategy should be adopted to crack the UPPCS Mains exam?
If you are a lay person then you should know that Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) actually conducts the Combined State /Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) test. The three stages known as Preliminary, Mains, and even that of Interview have a clear syllabus. In this post, being an aspirant, you will get to know the detailed UPPSC PCS exam preparation tips and strategy.
Of course, once you follow proper tips and strategies, you can be sure that you make the most of your efforts. Of course, strategies would ensure that you perform well and prepare well.
UPPSC PCS PREP
You should know that civil services examination is an eminent one and even that overall standard of papers designed for it, are such that it actually examines and tests the analytical and conceptual clarity of the aspirants. There are many tips and a few of them that can help aspirants track their preparation are like:
- Each topic that spots its place in UPPSC syllabus is crucial and an aspirant must never skip any of such.The point oils once you start your prep for the test, you would get to know about the topics. And once you know them, make sur heatyou work on every topic you come across.
- For State Service Exams, being a candidate, you should definitely read the state board textbooks as such give pertinent information on diverse topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- Then remember that every and each topic such as History, Geography, Polity, and more.Should also be properly read keeping in mind the overall state’s aspects. Of course, once you do good there, you would not face challenges in doing questions.
- Source of practice is clearly the past years’ question papers. You can find these papers in the official website. The point is simple, when you go through these papers and check out the types of questions that got set there, you can practice well. You can be sure that you know what exactly the type of questions has been set and accordingly you can prepare for the exam. You would love it for sure because the papers of the past will get you a peep into the type of questions that you may expect in the exam. Also, not to forget that once you work on the papers, you get to know how you should go about different questions.
Quick peep into UPPSC Mains 2022
The main topics given in UPPSC Syllabus are that of History, Polity, Geography, Economics and Current Affairs. Remember that a few of the UPPSC Preparation books that you may find useful for Mains are like:
- History- Bipin Chandra
- Economy- School Textbooks or Ramesh Singh
- Polity- Laxmikant
- Geography- Lexicon or Majid Hussain or G.C. Leong
- Current Affairs- like that of the Hindu/ Monthly Compilation of any nice magazine
Other than the books mentioned above, a few other recommended reading sources you should not miss out on are like:
- Budget and Economic Survey
- State Board books
- Gist Of Yojana
- NCERT books
- For current affairs:
- The Hindu Video Analysis
- PIB Summary
- Gist of RSTV (Rajya Sabha TV)
Remember, no matter what type of books you read, what strategies you opt for and how much you practice, it is important that you do not miss out on the revision. Make sure that you do proper revision from time to time. Once you revise, you would be sure that you are not simply dumping the stuff on your mind. In this way, you would not get confused when you are doing the paper on the exam date.
To sum up, since you have a good idea about this exam and things you can try for yourself, you should use your own strategy to crack the UPPCS Mains exam. Remember, this post has already given you a good clue about things you should not miss out on.