Who Can Apply For The LIC AAO Exam?
Life Insurance Corporation Assistant Administrative Officer is the full form of LIC AAO. This national level examination brings together aspiring candidates to be recruited for different posts each year. Hindi and English are the languages of the examination. Currently, the recruitment process consists of three stages:
- There is a preliminary stage that includes objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- The main stage includes questions of a descriptive nature.
- You will be required to complete a personal interview.
In this article, we have provided to you the LIC AAO 2022 exam eligibility criteria. Know whether final year students are eligible to apply or not.
LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria
To register for the LIC AAO exam, candidates must satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set by the Life Insurance Corporation. People who do not meet this requirement will be disqualified. You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep for the exam preparation guidelines. It provides with the best study material and resources to cater all your doubts.
The candidate must be a citizen of India to sit for the LIC AAO 2022 exam.
Minimum Age: 21 years
Maximum Age: 30 years
Age Relaxation for LIC AAO Exam
|SC/ST||35 years old|
|OBC||33 years old|
|PWD (Gen)||40 years old|
|PWD (SC/ST)||45 years old|
|PWD (OBC)||43 years old|
|ECO/SSCO (Gen)||35 years old|
|ECO/SSCO (SC/ST)||40 years old|
|ECO/SSCO (OBC)||38 years old|
|LIC Employees||35 years old|
Educational Qualification for LIC AAO
For Specialist Vacancies: The educational qualification for the 5 specialist vacancies are as given below:
- Candidates applying for the post of AAO (Chartered Accountant) must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning in India and pass the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and successful completion of articles as confirmed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Applicants must ensure that they are associate members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India will verify the candidate’s membership number.
- Candidates who wish to apply for the AAO Legal post must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law or LLM from a recognized Indian university. Three years of experience in the Bar are required.
- Having completed an undergraduate degree in Hindi/Hindi translation and taking English as a subject at Bachelor’s degree level. Candidates who wish to apply for AAO (Actuarial) must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from an Indian University and must have passed more than six papers in the examination offered by the Institute of Actuaries of India / Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK. It is expected that candidates will provide their membership number for verification with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries in India / UK.
- In the case of AAOs (Rajbhashas), the candidates can have any of the following qualifications:
- With Hindi as one of the Bachelor’s degree level subjects, a Post Graduate Master’s degree in English is required.
- A post-graduate master’s degree in Sanskrit with subjects in English and Hindi at the undergraduate level.
- Those seeking to apply for the post of AAO (IT) must hold a Graduation degree in Engineering (Computer Science, IT or Electronics) or a Masters Degree (Computer Science) from a recognized Indian University/ a recognized institution.
Can Final Year Candidates Apply For LIC AAO Exam?
That’s not possible. Candidates who are enrolled in their final year of study are not eligible.
You can use BYJU’S Exam Prep to prepare for the exam and find out if you qualify for it. A candidate must satisfy all the eligibility requirements before applying because no equivalent educational qualification will be accepted to qualify for LIC AAO Exam.
Stay connected with our education blog & you can write for us about education.